Top tips for preventing a BV infection:
- Avoid using deodorants or perfumed products in and around your vaginal area (see below for more details)
- Avoid over-washing
- Avoid using strong detergent to wash your underwear
- Change your tampons or pads frequently
- Ensure you wipe from front to back after going to the toilet
- Dry your vaginal area after washing, swimming and working out
- Change your underwear after swimming and working out
Vaginal douching is a cause of BV and may even increase your risk of STIs or other vaginal infections.
Proper washing habits
Perfume and chemicals in your regular soaps and body washes are usually too strong for your delicate intimate area. It’s better to use a specifically formulated wash such as Canesfresh Gentle Refreshing Mousse which is designed to clean and protect your intimate area and maintain your pH balance. Canesfresh Gentle Refreshing Mousse has been dermatologist and gynaecologist tested and has been specially designed for everyday use.