If you suffer from frequent vaginal dryness there are some preventative measures you can take. Follow the tips below to help you feel comfortable in your daily life and also when you’re having sex.
Top tips for avoiding vaginal dryness:
- Avoid using deodorants and perfumed products in and around your intimate area
- During sex, enjoy more foreplay so your body has longer to produce its own natural lubricant
- Use lubricant during sex
- Ask your doctor about oestrogen treatments
- Ask your doctor about hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Use an intimate moisturiser or gel regularly to soothe vaginal dryness
Lubricant or moisturiser?
Lubricants provide short term lubrication (for example, before intercourse) while moisturisers may provide more long-lasting relief.